John McNeil Studio is a growing studio of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists, musicians and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories and build brands. We love digital but embrace print. We are founded in aesthetics, but also in utility. We make things that make brands grow. We’re looking for a full-time Project Manager to join our team in Berkeley, CA.
The Project Manager will play an integral role in working closely with our creative teams and clients. We require confidence and ability to drive projects through completion, paired with a reverence for the creative process and the ability to greet challenges with a smile. As a PM you will manage successful execution of campaigns on-time, and on budget, while meeting client and company expectations. You will have frequent and direct client contact, daily dialogue with project managers, executives and studio creatives, and a focus on streamlined production approaches.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface closely with the creative team, social team, interactive, print, and broadcast production to scope and estimate deliverables and to communicate plans to JMS clients.
- Process incoming project requests, assess client needs and steer projects through from concept to design, development, and delivery.
- Create and manage Statements of Work/project plans/timelines for multiple concurrent projects, and allocate resources as needed.
- Create accurate cost estimates and manage resources to keep projects within budget.
- Identify out of scope activities and manage change requests.
- Proactively manage projects, through regular status updates; recognize dependencies and escalate issues as needed.
- Prior agency experience or work in a similar creative field is required.
- Proven ability to keep projects on schedule and on budget.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives both internally and externally.
- Have a keen sensitivity to the dynamics of a room.
- Comfortable managing both traditional and social projects.
- Excellent verbal communication and written communication skills.
- Dedication to detail and organization.
- Ability to work independently and manage communications at all levels.
- Interest in art and design.
This is a full-time position at our beautiful Berkeley studios and includes a generous benefits package including healthcare benefits, FSA and 401k.