John McNeil Studio is looking for a Senior Strategist to join our team in Berkeley, CA. We are an established studio of strategists, writers, designers, filmmakers, technologists and photographers who help companies tell compelling stories and build brands.
Role: You will focus on communications planning across a broad range of disciplines including brand strategy, demand generation, advertising, digital marketing, research/persona development, and social marketing.
You will develop a deep understanding of our clients’ business, provide rich insight on the customers/prospects and build a depth of understanding on their product portfolio. This knowledge will be harnessed to inform the development of clear briefs, high performance programs and stellar creative work spanning advertising to demand to content to social. You will help turn insight into action and partner with creative to make the programs real.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with clients to lead their brand vision and business priorities.
- Develop robust strategic POVs for clients that solve business challenges through powerful communications.
- Work with creative teams to provide strategic insight and analysis at all stages of a project
- Communications planning for clients to generate ideas and strategies that meet the clients’ marketing needs.
- Collaborate with the different studio disciplines, from creative to web development to project management, to ensure that great work continues to be produced.
- 8+ years agency experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills
- Ability to identify strategic needs, lead all aspects of planning with sound business recommendations, and generate alignment with key business partners
- Deep understanding of a wide range of industries, markets, brands, current trends and social movements.
- A strong grasp of marketing principles, ability to generate insights, write briefs, create presentations to articulate your POV, experience with media, plus persona and customer understanding
- Self-starter with strong worth ethic: willing to work hard, collaborate with colleagues and look for ways to solve challenges
- Great organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
This is a full time position at our beautiful Berkeley studio. FT employment includes a generous benefits package with healthcare benefits, FSA and 401k.